ESL ReadingSmart Program Overview
ESL ReadingSmart content is designed to:
- Accelerate English language development
- Support WIDA, TESOL, and state ESL learning objectives
- Track students’ English language development
- Integrate Language Arts and ESL objectives
- Integrate reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills
ESL ReadingSmart is an effective web-based learning environment designed to accelerate English language development (ELD) for English language learners in grades 4 through 12, college, and adult education programs. Each lesson contains activities and reading selections for students, as well as online lesson plans, worksheets, and printable handouts for teachers. Instructional materials are written at a variety of English proficiency levels, helping teachers solve the challenge of teaching ELLs in multilevel classrooms.
The program offers individualized, content-based instruction for newcomers, beginning, intermediate, early advanced, and advanced English language learners (ELLs).
ESL ReadingSmart supports WIDA, TESOL, and state ESL learning objectives. ESL ReadingSmart has been successfully implemented in innovative ESL classrooms across Texas, Arizona, California, Florida, New York, Ohio, Nevada, New Mexico, and North Carolina.
Statistical analysis has proven the effectiveness of ESL ReadingSmart as an ESL/ELD instructional program. Click here to view our effectiveness studies.
ESL ReadingSmart includes:
- 148 content-based lessons
- Placement test
- Individualized learning path
- Five ESL/ELD levels
- Effective Newcomers' Program
- Engaging Reading Program
- Multi-genre, multi-cultural selections
- Multimedia vocabulary and comprehension activities